Wednesday, December 14, 2005

From the very foundations of the world, it was predestined that I would be a part of the McDonald clan, and even more, a part of the James M. McDonald V family. Since the day of my birth, I have been blessed far beyond measure and I continue to wonder at the goodness of God in placing me in this family, and under the guidance and care of my dear father.

My Dad is truly a man after God’s own heart and he is always implanting a deep love for the Triune God in the hearts of his children. He is a constant source of patience in the midst of strife, of searching for the calm of Christ in the eye of the storm, and of seeking the will of God in our everyday lives. My Dad willingly gives place to others, shares his precious time to minister to the needy around him, and daily sacrifices comforts to provide for his family and guard his flock from the attacks from without our sweet haven.

Today, December 14th, we celebrate the wonderful act of God in bringing my Father into the world. As I look back into my childhood days, I see a loving and doting father raising his young family, not knowing what the future held, but knowing that as he walked with Christ, he was not alone. Now, as I work with him side by side, I see the same Father raising his much larger family in the strength of our God. I feel his passion, I sense his excitement, I see his vision, and I see his joy and I know where it comes from, because he has put his trust in God.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Father! I love you so very much! I thank God for placing me under your loving care and guidance! Thank you for being there for me. I love you, Daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Thanks for the note, Tiffany and Jessica! I love you both, and the other blessed arrows the Lord has given me. May He continue to be your source!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany,

    I to marvel at how the Lord predestined the families that we would be a part of! It is an amazing thought, and I feel so blessed...

    "Happy Birthday" to your father, may the Lord bless him with many more.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Hey Tiffany,

    How was your Christmas? I hope it was delightful! Talk to you soon!
    Love ya.

    God bless,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete

**PLEASE NOTE**
If you are going to leave an anonymous comment, you MUST leave a name with your comment! Any comments submitted without a name will NOT be published.
Thank you!