Tuesday, August 12, 2008

flowers and a photo shoot

The Ryken's have been staying with us and since they've added to our numbers, we thought it would be fun to spend the afternoon in a creative way...having a photo shoot! So, enjoy the pictures...sorry there are so many...there were 125 to choose from, so I did my best...didn't I? :) The rest can be found by clicking on the slideshow.




A cowboy's paradise.

Spendin' a lazy afternoon a-cloud gazin'.

"Howdy!"

Rindercella' an Prandsom Hince.

Take 2

Whar'd she go?

Thar she is!

"You seen my pardner...he's got puffy cheeks like this...kinda looks like Cookie..."

Bummin' cowpokes....

...the best of friends...

Brothers.

"I've got my eye on you."

"Yeah...my hat comes from that fine cowboy supply shop way out west...you know the name I'm sure...Hobby Lobby...yeah, that one."

Hmmmm...should we be afraid? :)

A wounded soldier...

and his comrade.

Three girls in a Hasta garden.

Who's who?

So, I couldn't decide which one I liked best...which brought me to posting three and putting the rest in a web album.

Improving the beauty of the fence.

~In this busy, crazy life, as we travel to and fro,

A gentle whisper sings to us, "Take the narrow road!"

Listen and believe, for the call to you may come,

To walk the well-worn path, until at last we reach home.

And in that beautiful moment, in a still but living place,

We feel the warmth of that gaze and rest our eyes on the face,

Of the King without a shadow, the Lover of our souls.

We no longer feel the pain and sorrow, for He has made us whole.
As we take our place with countless others, 'neath the shadow of His wings,


All we think and say and do is in everything we sing.~


Kind of Elvish...

Alms for the poor?

"Y'all come on back now, ya' hear?

11 comments:

  1. Cute pictures Tiffany! Looks like you all had a great time!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    I gave you an award. You can see it on http://www.delightfulhands.blogspot.com

    Love, Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:10 AM

    stunning photos!

    arlene,
    Tacoma florist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah,

    Thanks! We've been having a blast with our friends. :)

    Mrs, Pickle,

    You are so sweet! Thank you so much for that...I feel so undeserving and I will try to do my best to try and deserve it. Love y'all!

    Arlene,

    Thanks...we love taking pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Tiffany,
    I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your blog! I found it through your mom's blog, and I have loved watching you and your family.

    You inspire me! I love seeing your beautiful historical dresses and what fun times you have together as a family! I am so excited that you are engaged after having a courtship! I just love coming here for encouragement!!

    I just had a quick question to ask you... would you consider putting a tutorial on how you do your hair? I have extremely curly hair and I just can't seem to get mine to do what yours does!!

    Thanks for everything!

    Blessings,
    Alexandrea
    www.homesteadblogger.com/aquietlittlewoman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexandrea,

    Thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's so nice to "meet" people who read my blog. :) I'm so glad my posts have been an encouragement to you. It's so humbling to see what the Lord can do with imperfect people.

    Now, for the hair question... I'm affiliated with a website that promotes re-creating historic dresses and lifestyles and there is a page that has a bunch of fun but practical hair-do instructions. Jennie Chancey (of Sense and Sensibility patterns) has a tutorial on how to do a simple Regency up-do. You can find it here:

    http://intimelyfashion.com/main/?cat=10

    I hope this is helpful! Finding new hairstyles is always so exciting! Just be sure and keep plenty of hair pins on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Liked the pics! You may want to check out the website www.cutestblogontheblock.com
    You can get free blog templates that are so cute and reflect your style.

    Elizabeth R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. As I have said before I think you have a wonderful eye for capturing a story within a photo. Miss you all.
    ~Heather
    www.lazydranch8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun, great photos!:) The flowers are quite beautiful,(tulips are my favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time to update? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tiffany,

    We miss you. Can you please post somthing?

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete

**PLEASE NOTE**
If you are going to leave an anonymous comment, you MUST leave a name with your comment! Any comments submitted without a name will NOT be published.
Thank you!