Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We made a sad departure from the Erber home this morning as our flight to Houston would not wait. Mr. Erber took us to the airport since the rest of my family was headed in a different direction. We were able to secure our boarding passes without a problem, checked our one suitcase (because I didn't want to lug it around with the other bags I had to carry), made it through security, which was very fun with a wheelchair, a baby, two computers, two purses, a diaper bag, an injured mother and myself, found our gate, struggled to get down the narrow aisle with our bags, find our seats and made ourselves rather comfortable...want to come next time?

Our flight wasn't all that bad. William was almost a perfect little angel. He ate crackers, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and cheese. He only slept the last thirty minutes of the flight, though. We hit a bunch of turbulence all the way down to Houston, but the sun was shining right into my window, so I was quite warm. When we landed, the friend that picked us up was telling us about a nasty storm that blew through Dallas, including a tornado and hail. We were glad we didn't know about it while we were in the air.

When we arrived at home, Mrs. H. (the lady who picked us up) and I went to H-E-B (pronounced H-E-B, not HEB). Upon arriving home, I put the groceries away and washed my own dishes. Now I don't know about you, but after spending three and half weeks on the road letting other people cook my food, clean my mess and so on so forth, I kind of start to feel like a lazy bum. So yes, sweeping the floors, letting William make a complete mess of himself with banana's, doing dishes and what-not, I really did enjoy myself.

I had to run down to our store to send a package off to my dad in Dallas, when I realized UPS had already picked up. So, we had to race down to Office Depot where UPS also picks up. When I walked out of the building, the UPS truck was pulling up. We grabbed dinner and Pei Wei's (pronounced pay-way's) a Chinese cuisine and a division of P.F. Changs. Now, I am sitting here in my love-a-lee living room, squished in between the cushions on my favorite couch, looking out the window at the strange color of the sky. It is a yellow/orange kind of color, rather eerie. I think I'm going to check the weather again.

My Mom has an appointment down town at seven in the morning. We don't really know what to expect, so please continue to keep her in your prayers. My Dad, Christa, Jessica, Melissa, Abigail, Grace, Emma and Caleb will exhibit for us at the Arlington book fair, so please do keep them in prayer as well.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    It sounds like you had a nice flight:) How was the weather (heat wise) when you got home? Way different from Illinois, I bet. Megan:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Stacy,
    Your mom isn't diabetic is she? I am praying that her doctor's appointment brought with it some relief and that her infection is now under control. Your dad's blog had me worried when he mentioned that the infection may have entered the bone. I am continuing to pray.
    And to your comments to being home...there truly is no place like home. Your family is truly blessed to be a "Patriarch/Covenant Home. Home for you is just a wee bit of heaven! :)
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Dumais

    ReplyDelete

**PLEASE NOTE**
If you are going to leave an anonymous comment, you MUST leave a name with your comment! Any comments submitted without a name will NOT be published.
Thank you!